Aspen Veterinary Surgery Coronavirus (COVID-19 Update)
Coronavirus is likely on the increase and we are ensuring that the correct measures are in place which will help us protect our staff, patients and the community. Whilst the current outbreak of Coronavirus is still ongoing we remain committed to maintain a high standard of care to you and your pet.
We would like all clients to please stay aware of the latest guidelines that are in place to prevent the risk and spread of infection.
The government website can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
Aspen Veterinary Surgery will be taking the following precautions:
- We are currently running on an urgent/emergency only basis - please contact us if you are concerned about your pet so we can advise on how best to help you
- If it is necessary for you to bring your pet to us, we are asking only one person per pet to attend the clinic.
- All clients must wait in the car park prior to their appointments or collection of medications. Please call us to let us know you have arrived so that we can assist you.
- Your vet will discuss your concerns either over the phone or in the car park before taking your pet to examine in the clinic. All clients are kindly asked to remain outside during this time.
- All clients to confirm they have met the following current official government guidelines before attending to their appointment.
- There are hand washing facilities in place that are available for use at reception upon entering and leaving the practice.
- If you are in isolation please contact us to let us know to avoid any disruption
- As per government advice to self-isolate for 7 days and to not attend the practice if you have potential Coronavirus like symptoms (cough/fever). Please arrange to for a friend or relative to attend on your behalf to avoid exposing those who are elderly or more susceptible to illness.
- If you fall into the 'vulnerable' category, we are offering a 'drop off' service, where appropriate, for medications and products for your pets.
Frequently asked questions:
Q: Are you open as usual?
A: Yes, we are currently open but for urgent and emergency appointments only. We are fully complying with Government advice.
Q: Should I visit the practice for my routine appointment?
A: No, unfortunately we are having to postpone all routine treatment whilst under Government lockdown
Q: Can I come into the practice to collect something if I don’t have a consultation?
A: Yes, as long as you follow Government guidelines. We are asking clients to call us in advance so we can prepare your items and take payment over the phone
Q: I need to make an appointment for the coming weeks
A: Please call us to arrange appointments, where applicable we are offering phone and video consultations in order to continue to provide good quality care for your pets.
Q: Are you offering home visits?
A: No, we will not be offering any routine home visits.
We’ll be posting updates on this website page in the event of any changing advice.
Please keep checking for updates, remembering to refresh your browser each time.